Microneedling with InnoPen
InnoPen is a medical precision tool with a unique, dual spring-loaded disposable needle cartridge (InnoTip) that uses an automated, vibrating stamp-like motion to cause micro injury to the skin. The gentle stimulation of fibroblast promotes natural induction of collagen and elastin without the stress of pain and lengthy down time associated with ablative treatments. Micro-channels, resulting from the needles piercing through the skin layers, will aid in infusing therapeutic serums for greater penetration and enhancement of overall efficacy.
Common Questions about Microneedling with Innopen
1. Is Microneedling safe?
Microneedling uses tiny needles to create micro- injuries in the skin which, as the body heals these injuries, stimulates the body’s own natural collagen and elastin response. This response can help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, crepey skin and scarring. At Jova Medical we use the Innopen Microneedling device which is both FDA and Health Canada approved.
2. How long does Microneedling take?
On average, a microneedling treatment takes between 60-75 minutes. Roughly 30 minutes of the treatment time is designated to numbing time to ensure our clients are completely comfortable during the treatment.
3. How Long Do the Affects of the Treatment Last?
Clients will see visible results of smoother skin within the first week following treatment, however, full results can take between 4-12 weeks to be seen. We recommend a series of 3 sessions to maximize results are sessions are done every 4-6 weeks.
4. Is the Treatment Painful?
We ensure our clients spend the first 30 minutes of their session numbing with a prescription grade topical numbing cream. This ensures our clients are very comfortable during the treatment. Some clients can feel as though they have a mild sunburn for the first 24-48hrs after the treatment.
5. What should I do or not do anything before a microneedling treatment?
- Avoid laser procedures or overexposure to the sun before treatment.
- Avoid using any products on your skin that increase sensitivity, such as retinoids or exfoliants.
- Do not shave, wax, or use depilatories before the procedure.
6. What happens after the Microneedling treatment?
To maximize a positive result and experience after your treatment:
- Follow medically suggestions provided by your practitioner.
- Apply any prescribed or recommended topical creams and lotions to keep your skin moisturized and to reduce inflammation.
- Follow other suggestions as required
- Avoid abbrassive cleansers and scrubs unless approved by your practitioner